Time: 14.00 - 18.00
Costs: Members £45 + vat, Non Members £85 + vat
NOF Energy members are required to enter a promotional code at the summary page of the booking form to access the discounted rate. If you do not know the code please contact Kristie Leng, Lead Events Coordinator by email email@example.com or telephone +44 (0) 191 3846464.
NOF Energy is arranging a networking seminar with a Swedish delegation of companies and research institutions focusing on business opportunities in the wind and marine industries. This event is part of a three-day programme where the Swedish delegation will also explore opportunities for R&D cooperation with Narec (National Renewables Energy Centre) and visit Newcastle University.
Sweden was an early-mover in the offshore wind industry and completed the large-scale Lillgrund wind farm (Vattenfall) already in 2007. Several large suppliers to the wind industry such as SKF and ABB are also based in Sweden.
The dynamic Swedish wind power market is characterised by strong growth and planned flagship projects such as; Markbygden (1101 onshore turbines) and Blekinge Offshore (500 offshore turbines) are examples of the Swedish ambition to radically increase renewable electricity production.
At this NOF Energy networking event you will have the chance to not only meet the Swedish delegation of companies and research institutions that are visiting the UK, but also hear about business opportunities in the wind and marine industries, including:
• The Crown Estate
• A & P Tyne
• Vicura AB
• Hexicon Corporation, Gothenburg
• The Swedish Wind Power Technology Centre
The event will conclude with a networking reception aimed at facilitating contacts and promoting partnerships between UK and Swedish companies interested in the mutual business opportunities offered by the buoyant North Sea offshore wind industry.
Facts About The Wind Power Market
• The installed effect as of today produces around 4 TWh per year
• Within the framework of the current green certificates system another 9 TWh will be installed by 2020, totalling 13 TWh
• To produce the additional 9 TWh electricity from wind power, another 3 500 MW will need to be installed by 2020 (market value around 55 billion €)
• Swedish Wind Energy Association believes that 30TWh by 2020 is a realistic target, which would mean another 9 300 MW in wind power generation (market value around 145 billion €)
• There are several offshore wind projects with all the necessary consents to build another 6 TWh of capacity in relatively shallow and calm waters
• Very ambitious projects include the Markbygden onshore project with 1,101 planned turbines and the Blekinge Offshore project with 500 planned turbines
04.06.13 GE designed and licensed the first privately finan
10.06.13 Full information available soon.
23.05.13 2013-05-09 - PRESS RELEASE: Jotun is proud to announce the launch of J ...
23.05.13 The cream of North East exporting businesses have been honoured with a ...